"Even though one type will dominate as we begin studying ourselves using the tool of the Enneagram, all the fixations are present in every ego. . . if we are genuinely interested in spiritual learning and liberation though the Enneagram, we need to study all the fixations--their cores and their shells--as they manifest in our lives." A.H. Almaas, Keys to the Enneagram: How to Unlock the Highest Potential of Every Personality Type
"I've been loyal to this group for 25 years." "I don't think we have very competent senior management." "I wish we could work better as a team." "All my life, I've questioned my own ability."
- observing our fears and getting a reality check,
- noticing when blaming others and finding ways to empower ourselves,
- shifting to possibilities when aware of feeling worried,
- noticing scattered thoughts and centering to clarify a central idea and key points,
- admitting how we contribute to situations instead of looking for blame elsewhere,
- celebrating evidence of courage to act on our own convictions even when we're hesitant or afraid.